Summit Learning Objectives

SUMMIT Curricular SLOs Identify, explain, and analyze global themes, processes and systems Demonstrate knowledge and skills essential for global engagement Critically examine the relationship between dominant and marginalized cultures, subcultures or group Communicate effectively through writing and speaking, especially across cultural or linguistic differences Recognize, analyze and evaluate arguments Articulate…

Continue

Knowledge of The College Traveler

During my time at Agnes Scott, I have participated in two study abroad programs. The first trip was to the Dominican Republic (DR), through Agnes’s SUMMIT program, and lasted for 1 week. In the Dominican Republic, I studied the effects of traveling abroad in context of the country. I helped to inform the community of […]

Relationships and Networks

In my life, I have built lots of relationships and connections. I am most proud of my small, close knit groups. These groups have become my family. We support each other not only socially, but academically as well. We study together, we celebrate each other’s accomplishments, and we make sure that everyone in the group […]

Summit Learning Outcomes

Communicate effectively through writing and speaking, especially across cultural or linguistic differences Recognize, analyze, and evaluate arguments recognize, analyze, and employ effective teamwork Identify and assess one’s values, interests and abilities Interpret quantitative information or demonstrate the methods of inquiry appropriate for investigating the natural world. Analyze human behavior or social relations. A great example …

Continue reading "Summit Learning Outcomes"

SUMMIT Learning Outcomes

These are 6 SUMMIT learning outcomes associated with the “Color-based Independence: Going to Martinique” reflection Demonstrate knowledge and skills essential for global engagementCritically examine the relationship between dominant and marginalized cultures, subcultures or groupRecognize, analyze and evaluate argumentsRecognize, analyze, and employ effective teamworkIdentify and assess one’s values, interests, and abilitiesAnalyze human behavior or social relations … Continue reading "SUMMIT Learning Outcomes"