February 5, 2016

This week in class we discussed the history about various buildings in NYC. In addition, we also learned about different art works. In addition, we discussed how public art is seen by the public but by also by artists. Also one of the things that I found interesting was an article that we read “William […]

January 28, 1016

This week our class was able to talk and read about the metropolitan streets. For example, we read about what it meant to walk the streets of New York City. One passage that stood out to me was The Metropolis and Mental Life by Georg Simmel he writes about life in the modern city and […]

January 21, 2016

This week we discussed three articles The Mindful Traveler, Only Daughter, and Oyinbo. From those articles we spoke about what it means to travel mindfully, and about how cultures are different. Next, we got into smaller groups to discuss the articles. For example, In the article The Mindful Traveler we further discussed what was the […]

January 14, 2016

In class we worked on creating personal maps about us. These personal maps had to consist of things that have importance in our life. In my personal map I included my family, religion, being Latina, being from Chicago, being a student and Posse scholar, and having an interest in music. In the personal map we […]