Adrian Piper Presentation and Paper

Adrian Piper Presentation-Jasmine Berry Jasmine Berry Professor Beidler GBL 102: New  York Art Research Paper 4 May 2016  Adrian Piper: Artwork Throughout the Decades In 1948, Olive Xavier Smith and her husband Daniel Robert Piper welcomed Adrian Margaret Smith Piper into the world. Raised in New York, she was actively involved in the arts from a young age and attended the Arts Student League in high school. She then went…

Final: The Harlem Renaissance

Lydia Mathis Professor Beidler GBL-102-G April 2016 The Harlem Renaissance: Zora Neale Hurston, Gwendolyn Bennett, and the “New Negro” Born from the want of a new black identity and the want for racial equality, the Harlem Renaissance was an uproar of creative expression consumed with a new wave of black intellectuals who began to express […]

Entertainer

I first joined choir when I was four. I auditioned for my first musical when I was five. I have been able to tap dance for as long as I can remember. I have always had the entertainment industry in my life, so when, upon returning from Nicaragua, we were asked to create posters describing […]