Blog Post Ten: On Campus Exhibition Visit

Dalton Gallery’s exhibition of Showing/Thinking followed the lives and works of five Agnes Scott professors: Dr. Yvonne Newsome, Dr. Julia Knowlton, Professor Jeffery Whittle, Dr. Rachel Hall-Clifford, and Dr. Willie Tolliver. Each professor was given a separate room which was designed to reflect the scholarship and influences of these professors. The exhibition was designed by …

Continue reading "Blog Post Ten: On Campus Exhibition Visit"

Blog Post Eight: Research for Final Project

I initially began this project with absolutely no idea what I wanted to do. I had originally played with the idea of looking at the different ways light and darkness intersect with each other before deciding that the idea would be a) rather simple in terms of concept, and b) would be difficult to …

Continue reading "Blog Post Eight: Research for Final Project"

Blog Post Seven: Mixed Media Critique

I was not particularly thrilled by the outcome of this project. While there were sections I liked, overall the composition looked disjointed and not at all like how I had imagined the final picture. While I understand that attempting to reconcile the artistic styles of old, professional artists with my own amateur art is probably …

Continue reading "Blog Post Seven: Mixed Media Critique"

Blog Post Six: Mixed Media Progress

For this project, my biggest problem has been to figure out what each of the twelve sections of my portrait will be like. While I know that I want to change the actual portrait from a contorted version of my face (top left) to a more sedate, contemplative (easier to draw) portrait (bottom left), I …

Continue reading "Blog Post Six: Mixed Media Progress"

Blog Post Five: Midterm Critique

The midterm drawing was simultaneously easier and more difficult than the Six Small Drawings assignment we started with. While I felt like my command of my materials was much stronger, the composition itself was difficult to come up with. I knew that I wanted to switch the inside/outside perspective, but I didn’t know what I …

Continue reading "Blog Post Five: Midterm Critique"