Blog Post Nine: Final Project Self Evaluation and Class Progress

My final project is entitled “The View from the Night.” It contains six pieces, created with a multitude of mediums, of views of the night sky. I chose the subject matter of each individual work based off of several quotes which I found detailing different author’s perspectives of the night (see below). Overall, I was …

Continue reading "Blog Post Nine: Final Project Self Evaluation and Class Progress"

Blog Post Eleven: Off Campus Visit to Whitespace Gallery

Whitespace Gallery’s recent exhibition of the works of Pete Schulte contained a series of interesting and seemingly unassuming paintings. At first glance, they looked like relatively simple works, made with black and white mediums, and displaying easy geometric shapes such as rectangles, circles and arches. However, on closer examination of the works, it was revealed …

Continue reading "Blog Post Eleven: Off Campus Visit to Whitespace Gallery"

Blog Post Ten: On Campus Exhibition Visit

Dalton Gallery’s exhibition of Showing/Thinking followed the lives and works of five Agnes Scott professors: Dr. Yvonne Newsome, Dr. Julia Knowlton, Professor Jeffery Whittle, Dr. Rachel Hall-Clifford, and Dr. Willie Tolliver. Each professor was given a separate room which was designed to reflect the scholarship and influences of these professors. The exhibition was designed by …

Continue reading "Blog Post Ten: On Campus Exhibition Visit"

Blog Post Eight: Research for Final Project

I initially began this project with absolutely no idea what I wanted to do. I had originally played with the idea of looking at the different ways light and darkness intersect with each other before deciding that the idea would be a) rather simple in terms of concept, and b) would be difficult to …

Continue reading "Blog Post Eight: Research for Final Project"

Blog Post Seven: Mixed Media Critique

I was not particularly thrilled by the outcome of this project. While there were sections I liked, overall the composition looked disjointed and not at all like how I had imagined the final picture. While I understand that attempting to reconcile the artistic styles of old, professional artists with my own amateur art is probably …

Continue reading "Blog Post Seven: Mixed Media Critique"